1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
113 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
Chocolate icing/ frosting:
3 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 milk, at room temperature
2 cups desiccated coconut, for coating
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Butter or spray a lamington tray/ cake pan with cooking spray. Then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl or in the bowl of electric mixer, beat the butter until soft.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Then reduce the mixer speed to low, alternately add the flour mixture (in three additions) and milk (in two additions), beginning and ending with the flour.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes and then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once the cake has completely cooled, cut into 16-18 pieces.
- To prepare chocolate icing/ frosting, in a heatproof bowl add the icing sugar, cocoa powder, unsalted butter and milk and place it over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes smooth and of pouring consistency.
- Place the desiccated coconut on a large plate. Using fork/ spoon, dip each cake piece into the chocolate icing and then roll in the coconut.
- Then gently transfer to a wire rack and allow to set...