250 gm plain flour
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
200 gm kadalaparippu/ chana dal, cooked
6 cashew nuts, chopped
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3/4- 1 cup sugar ( adjust according to your sweetness)
1 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
oil as required
- Wash the chana dal and cook it adding little salt and enough water until soft, not mushy. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix plain flour and salt. Add enough water and 1 tbsp of oil and knead well to a smooth chapati like dough and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a large frying pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins. Add grated coconut to this and saute well for 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Don't brown the coconut.
- Add sugar to this and stir for few minutes till the sugar completely melts and mixes well with the coconut.
- Then add cooked dal and cardamom powder and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes till the mixture becomes dry and remove from the flame.
- Make small balls from the prepared dough and flatten each ball into small circles. Place little filling on one side and cover it with the other side.
- Seal the edges together by twisting the edges in a pattern with your fingers or by pressing with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them on medium flame till both sides turn golden brown and crispy...