1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup/ 115 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with baking spray.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork and keep it aside (about 1 cup).
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and keep it aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another large bowl or in the bowl of electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then gradually pour the egg mixture into the creamed butter and stir to mix until incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix with a rubber spatula/ wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts and then transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely... Then slice the bread and serve...
Recipe Source: foodnetwork