1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 medium beetroots, grated
3 big tomatoes
5 onions, thinly sliced
5 green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp + 2 tsp crushed ginger- garlic
2 tbsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 big capsicum, chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 cup water
3 tbsp coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil as required
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate it with 1 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp crushed ginger-garlic and salt and keep it aside for an hour.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces till done and keep it aside.
- Grind together grated beetroot, tomatoes and 3 green chillies to a fine paste.
- Heat 4-5 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the sliced onion till golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp crushed ginger-garlic and 2 green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add 1 tbsp chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder to this and saute till the raw smell disappear, over low flame.
- Then add the ground beetroot-tomato paste, 1 1/2 cup water and enough salt to this and bring to boil. Cook it for 5-6 minutes over low flame.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and cook for about 6-8 minutes till the gravy is thick.
- Add the fried onion, chopped capsicum, garam masala and coriander leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot...
Recipe adapted from here...