3/4 cup gram flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder (adjust to your spice level)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
1 sprig curry leaves
oil for frying
- In a bowl, add the gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Then add water little by little and knead it to make a smooth dough.
- Take a murukku press / mould , use the star shaped disc and fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and when the oil gets heated up, press the murukku directly in hot oil. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry them on medium flame till they are cooked and turn crispy on both sides. Drain on paper towel and repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Fry the curry leaves in the same oil and garnish the fried murukku.
- Cool down to room temperature and then store in an air tight container....Enjoy as a tea time snack...