1 1/2 cup / 4 idiyappams
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 carrot, grated
2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
2 tbsp celery, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp soy sauce (optional)
1/4 inch piece cinnamon
salt to taste
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tsp oil
- Prepare idiyappams and shred/ break it into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves ,cinnamon and ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Add grated carrots and cook covered in low flame for 2 minutes. Add finely chopped capsicums and celery and saute well.
- Add pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and required salt and mix well.
- Then add the egg and scramble it well. Add soy sauce to this and mix well.
- Now add the idiyappam pieces and mix well until the masala coats the idiyappam evenly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame..Serve hot / warm..
- You can also use instant idiyappams, cook it as per the instructions given in the package..