300-500 gm prawns/ chemmeen, cleaned
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
14-15 shallots, sliced
1 big onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped/crushed
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
4 green chillies, slit
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 big tomatoes, chopped
2 cup thin coconut milk
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dried red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add 10 sliced shallots to this and saute for 2 minutes. Add chopped onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add cubed potatoes and mix well for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and cleaned prawns and mix well.
- Add crushed pepper, coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add garam masala to this and mix well. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Then add thin coconut milk, mix well and transfer this to a pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add thick coconut milk and heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 4 sliced shallots, dried red chillies and curry leaves and fry till brown.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and mix well. Serve hot...
Recipe Source: Magic Oven