1/2 cup fine bulgur
1 1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
3/4-1 cup cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup spring onion green, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper (or as needed)
- In a bowl, add bulgur and little salt and pour boiling water over it, stir with a fork and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Then fluff the bulgur with a fork and keep it aside until room temperature. If there is excess water, drain it completely using a sieve.
- Transfer the bulgur to a large bowl and add finely chopped fresh parsley, spring onion greens, fresh mint, tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper and toss well until combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve...