1 1/2 cup vazhakoombu/banana flower, finely chopped
1 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 green chilly
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Chop vazhakoombu and cabbage into fine pieces and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut, cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chilly and garlic together and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and dry red chillies.
- Add chopped vazhakoombu and cabbage and mix well. Add salt, mix well and cook it covered for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Then add crushed coconut mixture, mix well and cook covered on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up...Remove from flame and serve with rice...