1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
3 carrots, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves
4 cups of chicken stock
3-4 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp dried parsley
freshly ground pepper powder
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil / 25 gm butter
- Cook the chicken with 4 cups of water adding little pepper powder and salt. Shred the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Strain the stock into a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil /butter in a pan on medium heat and add grated carrots and crushed garlic and saute for about 10 minutes till soft and have changed the color.
- Add diced onion to this and saute well till soft.
- Add plain flour and saute till the raw smell disappears on low flame. Add parsley and mix well.
- Add chicken stock slowly, stirring continuously to avoid lumps and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and then grind it to make a puree using a blender.
- Transfer this puree back to the pan and add the shredded chicken pieces, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste , mix well and remove it from flame. Serve hot...