200 gm mushrooms
3 medium potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1 big piece ginger, crushed
2 green chillies, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tomato, chopped
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 garam masala
1/2-3/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 cups thick coconut milk
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Cut mushrooms into pieces and keep it aside. Chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onion, crushed ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add coriander powder and chilli powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt and mix well.
- Then add chopped potatoes, mix well and cook it covered on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and coconut milk and mix well. Turn the flame to high and add 1 tsp garam masala and cumin powder and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and then cook covered till the potatoes and mushrooms are cooked and the gravy thickens.
- Add the remaining garam masala, stir well and switch off the flame. Serve hot...