1/4 cup palak / spinach leaves, finely chopped
1 cup grated coconut
small piece ginger
1-2 green chillies
1 cup yoghurt
1 tomato, finely chopped
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add the chopped spinach and saute for 2-3 minutes or till the raw smell disappears.Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, ginger and green chillies together to a fine paste. Then mix this ground paste with yoghurt.
- Add chopped tomato, salt and spinach paste to this coconut- yoghurt mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Pour this over the prepared mixture/ pachadi, mix well and serve with rice....