2 big avoli / pomfrets
1/2 of 1 big green mango
1 drumstick, chopped
10 shallots, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
5-6 green chillies, slit
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the pomfrets into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Grind the grated coconut adding little water to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan/ manchatti and add 2 tbsp oil. Add fenugreek seeds, sliced shallots, chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, chopped drumstick and sliced green mango and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water to this and salt and allow to boil well.
- When the mango and drumstick pieces are almost cooked, add the cleaned pomfret pieces and chopped tomatoes (adjust to the sourness of mango) and boil well for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the ground coconut and mix well. Adjust the water and salt.
- Add curry leaves and 1 tbsp coconut oil and boil for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice, pathiri, neer dosa etc..