700 gm chicken wings
1/4 cup yoghurt
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1/2-1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp oil
For the glaze:
1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
- Clean and remove the tips of the chicken wings. Cut the wings at the joints into wings and drumettes.
- In a bowl, combine yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, coarsely ground pepper, cumin powder, fennel powder, lemon juice, garam masala, salt and oil.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the glaze, combine melted butter, red chilli sauce , soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Take the marinated chicken pieces from the refrigerator 1/2 an hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Arrange the chicken wings on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper.
- Bake it for 25 minutes and then take it out and flip to the other side. Then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Again take it out from the oven and apply the glaze (step 4) on both sides of the chicken pieces. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lemon wedges and mint chutney / dipping sauce etc...