4 bread slices
1/4 cup rava/ semolina
1 tbsp thick yoghurt
1 small onion, finely chopped2 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/4 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
2 pinches of baking soda
4-5 curry leaves, chopped
oil for frying
- In a food processor/ mixie, add the bread slices and make bread crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, rava, chopped ginger, green chillies, onion, curry leaves, asafoetida, pepper powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add yoghurt and little water and mix well and form a dough. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls. Grease your palm with some oil, place 1 ball on the palm, flatten it and make a hole in the centre. (vada /donut shape). Repeat the same with all the remaining balls.
- Heat oil in a pan, drop 3-4 vadas at a time into the hot oil and fry on both sides till golden brown on medium flame.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel and serve hot...