This is the 5th post for " Muslim Food Bloggers Challenge ". The theme for this month's Challenge is " Indonesian Cuisine ". As I am trying Indonesian recipe for the first time, I chose a very easy snack which is similar to our Kerala's "Pazham Pori / Banana Fritters" which I posted earlier in my blog. The difference between them is, we don't add cornflour in Pazhampori while making the batter.
4-6 ripe bananas
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
cold water as required
oil for deep frying
- Peel and slice bananas lengthwise and keep it aside. ( I used Lady Finger Bananas).
- In a mixing bowl, add the plain flour, cornflour, rice flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Then slowly add the cold water and whisk/ mix well to make a smooth batter with no lumps. The batter should not be too runny and not too thick.
- Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying. Dip the banana slices into the batter and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel and serve warm....