3 cups of pomegranate juice
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of water
2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water and stir over medium heat till sugar is completely dissolved. Remove this prepared simple syrup from flame and keep it aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the pomegranate juice with 1/2 cup of simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture into a baking dish / freezer safe container and freeze it for 1-2 hours.
- Then remove it from freezer and scrape the mixture with a fork to form slushy/ ice crystals.
- Return to freezer and freeze it again for 5-6 hours till granita is fully frozen.
- To Serve, scrape the granita with spoon/ fork and serve it in individual glasses/ bowls ... Serve immediately....
- You can use store brought pomegranate juice or homemade juice prepared from 2 large pomegranates...