1/2 kg prawns, cleaned
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 tsp ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
1 small capsicum, chopped
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
3 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
a pinch of pepper powder
salt to taste
spring onions, chopped
- In a bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, 2 tsp soy sauce, a pinch of pepper powder and salt and mix well adding little water.
- Add the cleaned prawns and marinate till the prawns coat well in this paste and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns till golden brown and keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute well for few minutes.
- Add chopped onion and saute until slightly browned. Add chopped capsicum and stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chilli sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Add 2 tsp cornflour mixed with 3-4 tbsp of water and bring to a boil.
- Then add fried prawns and stir well for 2-3 minutes for the sauce to coat well.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot as a starter or as a side dish...