1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp cold water
puff pastry sheets, cut into 8 squares
1 beaten egg for brushing
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature.
- Wash the strawberries and chop them into small pieces.
- In a saucepan , add the chopped strawberries and sugar and simmer on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes without adding water, stirring in between until the strawberries are soft.
- Then remove from the flame and add the vanilla essence.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 1 1/2 tbsp cold water and add this to the strawberry mixture, while the mixture is still hot but not boiling.
- Stir well until it thickens and then allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with aluminium foil/ parchment paper.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut into squares.
- Take the puff pastry square and place 1 1/2 tbsp of strawberry mixture on one side of the pastry and fold/ cover it with the other side and press to seal on the sides with a fork.
- Arrange the folded puff pastries on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the puffs turn golden brown...