12-15 mussels/ kallummakaya, cleaned
1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
a pinch of turmeric powddr
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp cornflour
bread crumbs, as required
salt to taste
few curry leaves
oil for frying
- Clean the mussels and to this add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt and mix well.
- In a bowl, add the egg, cornflour and rice flour and mix well and keep it aside.
- Dip each marinated mussel in this egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them on medium flame till golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel.
- Fry the curry leaves in the same oil and garnish the fried mussels.. Serve hot..